Thursday, February 28, 2008

V for Vendetta

We had a discussion in class on Wednesday about how we have reacted to the three novels thus far and several good points were presented. I know there were several who were passionate about V for Vendetta, but I tend to side with the opposite view. It was dry and impersonal while simultaneously being overly obvious. Its a great story, but it is not told in a fashion that appeals to me. I am not avidly involved in the political world and I find some of the nuances in the book boring. Blankets to me was more interesting just because it incited emotions all throughout where as V only caused an emotional reaction when I read about his torture of Evey. This reaction was even dulled by the fact that due to the movie I knew the outcome.  Overall I believe that the book had great artistry even though some Evey was very abstract often, It added to her character, and a unique plot line but it is just not a novel i might pick up again to read. Even Watchmen I might read again just to find details i had missed, with V this is not needed and even if I have missed some details I am uninterested in figuring them out. 
I am very excited to read the next set of Historical Comics because I deeply enjoy history and have been unable to take any history classes as of late. I think I will enjoy this presentation of history even more so than the flat text with incorporated pictures. 


No comments: