Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl SUNDAY!!! and Watchmen...

So this book intrigued me from the very start, and the start was confusing. In medias res was a clever way to begin the plot because being lost made the plot more inciting and required me to pay far closer attention to detail. The first words of the story said so much more than I realized initially and supplied me with so much insight into the character development. 

The introduction also appealed to me because of the artistic detail within the interwoven frames of present and past- the murdered and the detectives. The color scheme was especially impressive in the way the artist rendered the two detective in multi-color and the murder scene in deep red/pink/purple tones.  This attention to color then brought my attention to the color difference between the color of the Comedians skin tone and the murderer's skin tone. This is a very important distinction when considering how much work went into the color palate of the work. Another aspect of color that caught my attention was the progression of the Smile in the first chapter. I have always associated that face with Joe boxer  which is happy. 

No comments: