Sunday, April 20, 2008

Berlin

Boo.. I have 3 more exams BEFORE finals week. I have not finished Berlin yet, I will.. PLACE HOLDER POST!

Well good news, I did really well on my exam and I got and A ( with out the curve) . YAY whoohoo.. I will get an A in Orgo now. No small feat, and much thanks to the flexibility of this class and its wonderful instructor ;) 

ON now to Berlin. 

I thought our in class discussion of Berlin could have been more in depth but seeing as I  didnt have time to read it for each class I am very sure there were several others who could not. Overall though I enjoyed the novel, the historicity and the artwork of it caught my attention and the diverging and converging plot structure kept it. I think that the novel severs a great representation of the disassociation between humans existing in the laminal space of the urban landscape. The transition from person to person in the novel harkens back to Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, a distinctly modernist style that captures the horror and the chaos of the World War II. 
I think its a re-read worthy work. 

No comments: